Gurgaon is a hub of residential complexes and apartments, and it is a difficult task to construct a stilt+4 floor building by oneself. However, people who prefer to have their own separate space or want to live with their family in the same building would want to construct their own houses. As of now, the government of Haryana has approved the construction of the fourth floor across the state.
Building a house is a detailed as well as rewarding process. You need to know a lot of things when thinking about constructing your own house and let’s go through them.
The cost of building your own house is almost 20-25% lower than buying an apartment. Moreover, you can plan the construction as your funds allow you. You can be confident about the material utilized in construction, and you would only have to pay what is necessary for parking space. You can decide on the number of bedrooms, and the approximate construction cost is Rs. 2500 to Rs. 4000, including furnishing.
You should fix a budget beforehand and plan your expenditure to be 20% lower than the budget, as there is a tendency for cost overrun. The cost for civil work and furnishing is 45-55%. The cost of making the basement is similar to the floors as it has 3 walls, one in RCC and 2 made of brick. The cost of construction goes down with a greater built-up area. Any delay in funding or sudden gap in construction also increases the cost.
The time required to construct a 3000 square feet house is between 12 to 18 months. But building a 3000 square feet house that has 3 and more stories may require about 20 months. The budget also impacts the duration of the construction. Your budget determines how many workers you can employ, and will also help you estimate the time needed for construction to complete. The quickness of your payments also speeds up the construction procedure.
Building a house is a lifetime investment, and your decision will significantly impact your house. While constructing your own house, you can select your plot and architect, how many rooms you need, the position of the kitchen, washroom, dining and drawing rooms, Pooja room, verandah, lawn, servant quarter, and so on. You can plan your house according to the Vastu to ensure that your house radiates positive energy.
You can get your building plan approval, DPC approval, PHC, and other government approvals for electrical, water, and sewage connection. You can also abide by the rules and regulations of the Urban Development Authorities.
Advantages of Building Your Own House
- The main advantage lies in the cost of building the house. The cost of constructing your own house is 20-25% less than purchasing a residency or flat in a complex.
- The design and construction can be planned and timed as necessary. You can also select the material of your choice.
- There would be no worry about how your neighbors will be. You can select the plot, architect and plan out all the necessities you need in your house.
- You can plan your house according to the Vastu.
Disadvantages of Building Your Own House
- The plot may cost you a fortune, depending on the location. Also, there remains a risk of cost overrun while building your house.
- It takes a lot of hassle to build your own house. It would help if you went through legal procedures and consumed considerable time.
Most importantly, it would help if you employed an efficient architect with proper foresight for designing the building properly. Architects know how to plan the layout and construct buildings effectively with proper drainage and ventilation, and they also know the specifics of building every room according to the Vastu.